The protection of the environment is an important part of our ongoing business plan, therefore we will always do our best to ensure that all timber products are from a well managed and sustainable source.
We will ensure that we comply with all legislation and standard codes of practice that are relevant to our business and will provide staff training to ensure all operatives understand and adopt the environmental standards within our business.
- Everyone at Wooden Floors UK is fully committed to the supply of sustainable and legally sourced materials from well managed forests. This is a responsibility that we take seriously, not only for clients and staff but for the environment as a whole.
- All suppliers are vetted to ensure raw materials comply with EU Timber regulations or either PEFC or FSC certified.
- Wooden Floors UK (trading name of VA Hutchison Flooring Ltd) hold FSC Chain of custody reg no C007915
- All surplus waste and packaging is recycled using local waste company in separate containers.
- We will always seek to influence potential customers to use materials from well managed sources and where possible provide options that are most beneficial to the environment
- We will regularly review and audit our environmental policy to ensure we are performing and improving to the latest standards within our business.
This Environmental Policy Statement will be issued and communicated to all staff and will be subject to constant review to ensure the company objectives are followed.